Dr. Liao likes her patients to be informed consumers and encourages them to learn as much about these procedures as possible.
LIGHTWAVE Therapy is a non-ablative cosmetic procedure which utilizes Light Emitting Diode (LED) technology to treat a variety of skin imperfections such as fine lines, wrinkles, scarring, blemishes, uneven skin tone and texture. Dr. Liao highly recommends LIGHTWAVE therapy post Pro-Fractional XC laser to further complement and enhance the stimulation and formulation of new collagen in the skin, and accelerate the healing process.
The LIGHTWAVE therapy may use visible red (red light) and infrared (invisible light) energy to stimulate your body’s own regenerative metabolism at the cellular level. By stimulating the body’s tissues to convert light energy into cellular energy, your cells can use that energy to:
- Accelerate production of collagen and elastin
- Increase cellular permeability, which allows for increased nutrient intake
- Increase the removal of excess fluid and waste products from the cells
- Increase the production of macrophage (scavenger) cells for the removal of toxins and scar tissue
- Increase lymphatic drainage
- Increase blood flow to the surface of the skin
Pro-Fractional XC laser handpiece